The community forum

Join the conversation

Strange warranty terms for software!

Community Hero

Hi all,

I was checking the warranty page for another forum-goer and decided to read the terms of the warranty for Nokia phones in Europe. There is a paragraph about software, "hidden" in the section about what is covered, which seems to describe that HMD do not guarantee that the software supplied with the phone will be error free and not crash! There is another sentence which says that HMD will provide the latest version of the software for reinstallation, which they currently do not do:

• "Manufacturer does not warrant that software preinstalled by or on behalf of Manufacturer in the Product (or subsequent updates and upgrades) (together “Manufacturer software”) will meet your requirements, work in combination with any hardware or software not provided by Manufacturer, is uninterrupted or error free or that errors are correctable or will be corrected. For Manufacturer software related errors, Manufacturer will make available the latest version of the Manufacturer software for reinstallation on your Product or, if that would not be possible, another remedy, which in Manufacturer’s reasonable discretion, satisfactorily addresses the error. Some Manufacturer software may be subject to separate license terms that are available with the software."

@Laura, some clarification on this would be welcome, because if I am right then this means that HMD are 1) not complying with the terms of the warranty by not providing the software for reinstallation and 2) don't care if the software has bugs anyway!

Cheers (I hope) :)
Login to post a comment