The community forum

Join the conversation

Is Nokia 8 an Android One device? and will it receive Android Pie update? I am planning to buy this device.

Is Nokia 8 an Android One device? and will it receive Android Pie update? I am planning to buy this device because in my country (Pakistan) its priced same as Nokia 6.1 plus. The only thing i dislike about Nokia 8 is its bezels other than that I like everything of Nokia 8 compared to Nokia 6.1 plus.

As far as I know, no it's not Android one but it's getting updates reliably so far. It will also get Android pie according to Nokia. But I would also like to warn you about it. The display is prone to errors and no, Nokia is not replacing or repairing them. Search here, on Reddit or XDA for "bleeding in", "retention" or along those lines for the Nokia 8 and you'll find pictures, too. I don't know about their other devices but i wouldn't buy Nokia again.

1 person likes this

As Felix says it isn't an Android One device but it gets treated like one with a promised 2 years of OS updates and 3 years of security patches, so it will get Pie as another 2 years of security updates.

I have had a Nokia 8 for 10 months and had no issues with it at all, it has been a pleasure to own really. Just like in Pakistan the Nokia 8 price has dropped in the UK so i bought my wife one to replace her Moto G5 Plus, so far no issues with her Nokia 8 either and it was updated more in the setup of it than her Moto G5 Plus was in 18 months.

As i can see on this forum it depends of the version of the Nokia 8 you have.

I personnaly have the Chinese version (TA1052) from januray 2018 (and live in France) and i have no issue with the phone. 

No screen bleeding, no failed update, no freeze, no failed camera update, no camera crash. 

The phone must have crashed only 2 or 3 times in more than 9 months.

The only issue i have with it is the locked boot loader preventing me to flash it or to have elevated root right.

Login to post a comment