The community forum

Join the conversation

Security patch UK

Is there any news on why UK users are still on 1 July 2018 security update?

I think I'm three updates behind.

OOWW_2_22A_SP02

TA-1055

I don't want to be sideloading or resetting and using a VPN to get my updates.

No, the help desk is no help, blaming the networks, google, etc etc. It's everyone's fault but Nokia (or whatever their real name is) Drives me mad
They even tried to blame the phone saying I needed to send it back !!! Seriously not a hardware fault
Apparently my SIM card has firewalled my unlocked, unbranded phone preventing any further updates!

Same problem here. Phone stuck on July update. I'm on Giffgaff. and phone is sim free and unlocked. Not what I expected from an Android One device! I have tried everything bar resetting the phone.

Sim out, wifi only. No update.

Wifi off, sim only.  No update.

Reset network settings. No update.

Used various VPN apps and connected to other countries, India, Netherlands, Spain, Germany. No update.

Swapped the sim for O2 sim. No update.

Cleared Google cache. No update.

No matter what I do the phone tells me it is up to date even though it obviously isn't.

How can a sim card do that? I'm in the same boat. No updates since July. Tried it just with wifi, just with sim, reset networks settings, vpn apps to other countries, cleared Google cache etc etc. No updates.

I asked that and was told the phone has something built into it that talks to the SIM card. Really?

Doesn't explain why the phone won't update with either no sim card in it or when using a different sim card. I have tried mine with both Giffgaff and O2 sims and with no sim. Makes no difference. Need to find someone with a Vodafone sim to try that but really should not have to. Android One...that's a laugh.

I said the same to him. He couldn't answer. I'm on Vodafone, so I wouldn't bother.

Looks like a reset then. I have tried everything else. Ah well Nokia...it was fun while it lasted. Back to Sony for my next phone. At least then I can root it and install Carbon or Lineage roms. Regular updates are guaranteed!

Back when #i got my 7 plus there was an issue with updates. I had to reset the phone with the sim out, then with a VPN connection through Finland and the update came through.

Back when #i got my 7 plus there was an issue with updates. I had to reset the phone with the sim out, then with a VPN connection through Finland and the update came through.

This is ridiculous. Reset the networks settings again and checked for updates. And lo and behold the August security update appears. I now have that installed but no sign of the September update! If it carry's on like this I may manage to get Pie by Xmas next year! God only knows what is going on here but I should not have to reset anything to get security updates.

Of course I have now lost all my saved wifi passwords. Thanks Nokia.

1 person likes this
My August update has just arrived!! Only a month late.
Proves it has nothing to do with sim cards or mobile networks then. All down to Nokia being slow to get these updates out to some devices. They really need to get their act together.
Login to post a comment