The community forum

Join the conversation

Predictive text any good?

I have a 8110 4G but the predictive text is dreadful - no option to add words and it doesn't capitalise the first word of a sentence.

Is it better on the 3310 3G? I've read that you can add custom words to the dictionary but they aren't saved when the device is rebooted. Is this true?

I'm awaiting feedback from Nokia/KaiOS to see if these two issues are to be resolved on the 8110, but if they aren't I will need to replace it with something else.

That is right. The words aren't saved if the phone is rebooted. Still doesn't auto capitalize after a full stop.

I can't really believe how Nokia/KaiOS have got the basics so wrong. Original Nokia phones, decades old, had these features. I'm not a software developer but I'm sure that these issues wouldn't be hard to patch quickly.

After recently deciding to ditch my smartphone for good, I didn't even contemplate other manufacturers as I had always loved Nokia's. I was thinking this was a KaiOS issue and that switching to the 3310 3G would solve my problem, but clearly not.

I did get a fast response from KaiOS though. They said they we're fully aware of the issues with text input and that they are going to address them in a future update; "you can expect an update within the next few months". How many months is anyone's guess though.

Do any of the other Nokia 'dumb' phones have decent text input? Like the 150/216/222/230?

The 8110 4G's features are overkill for me really. All I want is phone that does calls and texts well!

Login to post a comment