The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia 7 Plus Issues

Nokia 7 Plus Issues/Problems (after only 2 months )- USB-C Port, Motherboard... Who is having hardware problems? NOKIA 7 PLUS

I am very disappointed with your Nokia 7plus model.

I had purchased the mobile before 2months on dated 18.06.2018 and now it has some problem like battery is not charging and also it gets hang.

I had restarted the mobile but after restarting mobile gets hang showing the Nokia on screen continues for 15 min and then mobile gets switch off. After that phone cant gets powered on. 

So i have visited to Nokia service center. But the team firstly told me that there is problem in software and after some time he told that Charging Port is damaged, and require 10 to 15 days for repairing. As I had given complaints on Nokia help line number about my mobile but till today 20days completed I am not getting any positive feedback as expected from Nokia.  

From 31st Aug i.e. 20days mobile is given for repairing in service centre of Nokia, But till today they cant get any solution of damaged part. Now service center peoples said, that damaged part is replaced with new one, but now they found another problem of motherboard. So it will require more 7days to available such imp part. So from 1month mobile is in service centre for repairing purpose & again how much time will required can't predict. In 2months only mobile get damaged & now getting this kind unexpected service from Nokia. 

I have to suspect you were sold a 'compromised' set i.e. was used before for 'testing' or trials by some people then sold to unsuspecting buyer like you ??

From my personal experiences with my Nokia 7plus, which i bough brand new soon after launch in April 2018, i do not have any of those issues you mentioned. Of course i use my phone very carefully..no rough handling when plug in & removing the USB cable, no droppage, no playing of developer mode with no  installation of 'unapproved' software etc...so what i can say is use the phone 'carefully' then there's no basis for any of those issues ?!   

Overall i'm quite satisfied with the Nokia 7plus..will not hesitate to buy another unit if needed but presently instead i'm waiting for the top end camera model with minimum 128 GB or 256 GB onboard memory (so that can record much longer 4K video on a trip than possible on a 7plus with only 64 GB...too little in this 4K era ! 

Nokia 7Plus

Central memory (GB) Central memory (RAM) measured in Gigabytes (GB). The larger the RAM, the better the performance. 4.00

Internal memory (GB) 64

Compatible Memory Cards Micro SD, Micro SDHC, Micro SDXC

Max. memory 256

I had purchased this mobile before on dated 18th June 2018 and now it has some problem like battery is not charging and also it gets hang.

Just i restarted the mobile but after restarting mobile gets hang showing the Nokia on screen continues for 15 min and then mobile gets switch off. After that phone does not gets powered on. 

So i visited to Nokia service center on 31st Aug 2018. But the team firstly told me that there is problem in software and after some time they told that, in their investigation found Charging Port is damaged, and require 15 to 20days for repairing.

Yesterday service center peoples replaced damaged part with new one & found another problem of Motherboard, as first time they had said that they found problem in charging port in their investigation, & today they are saying that motherboard is faulty. So what type of investigation they had done before 20days. As the service center peoples said that now if motherboard is faulty then it will require more 7days to order that damaged part. Now it has already required 20days for first investigation, so how they can predict again in 7days they will repair mobile.

And the use of mobile was done carefully as I used to charge carefully and maintain it between 20% to 90%, no rough handling when plug in & removing the USB cable, no droppage. This problem is due to internal short circuit.

Login to post a comment