The community forum

Join the conversation

Unlock the Nokia 8 bootloader!

1 person has this question

Finally, HMD opens their eyes. Maybe they are going to stop the software support for Nokia 8. Nevermind, now it's in the hands of devps. Waiting for the pie updates and unlock the bootloader once it hits.

Tech Wizard

You're most welcome @madbilly :).

1 person likes this

I don't think they'll stop supporting the Nokia 8 soon, as Pie is still promised and security updates will keep going on for some time after that. However when my warranty expires i'll probably unlock it and play around with some other roms that are developed by then.

4 people like this

And good job HMD, better late than never.

2 people like this

Community Hero

Since it's an Android One device the security updates should keep coming for 3 years after launch date, so until August 2020 at the earliest.

Now we just need the device tree, come on HMD!

1 person likes this
Nokia 8 is a pure Android device, but not a Android One device. Anyhow, we can expect security updates as you said.

1 person likes this

Community Hero

You're right, thanks for correcting me. In fact, I've been trying to find where it was confirmed how long Nokia 8 would get updates for. The only thing I find is a reference to two years of security updates, not three, so we will only get updates for 10 more months (minimum).

Login to post a comment