The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Notch

September update on my Nokia 6.1 Plus hasn't brought back the option to hide the notch. It's disappointing. I have had been waiting for the feature since I got this phone.

Best Answer
Its Just A Security Patch Not an Update ,so maybe in coming Days Notch Hide Option Comes Back

2 people have this question

I'm looking for an answer or am I the only one out there who is facing this problem?

Answer

Its Just A Security Patch Not an Update ,so maybe in coming Days Notch Hide Option Comes Back
Oh! If so, why did the August Security Update remove the Notch hiding option? It was also an update I believe!
Because, the users who bought Nokia 6.1 Plus wanted notch, so several users don't want the notch hiding features. Without notch Nokia 6 was already available. Anyways, maybe some FOTA update will get released including that feature.

Personally, I think that they are waiting for Android 9 Pie as that will have native support for Notch, including hiding.

i.e our best bet is to hope that Android 9 is shipped ASAP to Nokia 6.1 Plus, so that we can hide the notch using Google Intended mechanism.

Login to post a comment