The community forum

Join the conversation

Flagship phone getting Pie update in last

Yet another Nokia phone entered in the market yesterday. Cheers on that. HMD also announced the Android pie update sequence.And I was surprised..seriously guys? Nokia 8 Sirocco is your flagship phone atleast that's what I think.Is there anything special that you will be providing for nokia 8 Sirocco pie update? We paid 50k₹ for this phone in india. And we expect that these updates should come to flagships before midrange.Otherwise we would have gone for mid-range phone.I personally like to keep my phone os updated and thats why I bought this phone. You people disappointed me.

1 person has this question

I think it has to do with release dates of the devices and not if it's a premium or mid-range or entry-level device. The 7plus was probably chosen and approved by google for beta first as it was released before the Sirocco I guess. Just my opinion. 

1 person likes this

I think that it's been selling quite poorly and they can't motivate a super high prio, compared to the volume products... Still, it could be worse I guess.

Quite disappointed, with Android One and project Treble I was expecting very fast cookie upgrades. But now both Sony and OnePlus have pushed out Pie updates, and they have a ton of patches on top and are not Android One!

2 people like this
I'm also very disappointed as a Sirocco user. Pie update is LATE, even monthly security patch is LATE. November beta test then stable then phased rollout, there's a great chance we receive Pie AFTER every major manufacturers' Pie update.

1 person likes this
Exactly my point @Silas. Even Companies like Honor also releasing Pie for their mid-range phones. And I think it's about the phone category. Why would we call this phone a flagship one otherwise ? It's a simple equation, the price you pay for device the similar specs you'll get.As simple as that. I agree Google chose Nokia 7 plus for the pie beta program but that doesn't mean you ignore your flagship. And it's been 2 months since official pie is released. To disappointed nokia. I started to think my money and trust both got wasted.

1 person likes this

I don't want to sound like an antagonist in this thread, but now that I have my Sirocco I'm really impressed with the device. Currently setting it up.

Can't talk about all manufacturers, but the ones I had devices of didn't have a beta program or I couldn't partake in it to begin with and/or that I know of. So for me I'm impressed that Nokia has one.

Would be even more impressed if I can take part with the Sirocco. 

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment