The community forum

Join the conversation

Disgrace for Android One program

It's a disgrace how much I have to wait to get android 9 on Android One phone.

I am from Serbia, I still have august patch, no more Nokia phones for me, next phone will be something else, and that is not the only problem, there are many problems with Nokia 7 Plus.

There are phones that don't have Android One and they have Android 9.

2 people have this question

It could be your carrier holding up the upgrade.

I say this as I'm in the UK and I too was stuck at August patch on Oreo while other users in the UK were on September Oreo update and other users around Europe were already on Android P.

Nokia have posted on this forum in the past to say that even Android One updates do have to pass through carriers for them to confirm they do not cause any issues with customers using their network and this can take extra time and Nokia nor Google have ZERO control over this.

So how does this work with Apple and iOS?!

They are able to roll-out worldwide at the same time...

2 people like this

And Google itself:
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705 

"If you bought your device from the Google Store, updates will typically reach your device within 2 weeks. If you bought your device elsewhere, updates can take longer. "

And Google itself:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705

"If you bought your device from the Google Store, updates will typically reach your device within 2 weeks. If you bought your device elsewhere, updates can take longer."

Very disappointed with Android one program on Nokia 7 plus.still on August patch and Oreo.

2 people like this

Have you asked any of the carriers in the UK why they are holding up the updates. Their answer will be "eh?"

Have you thought why HMD do not chase up the carriers etc when they are allegedly not releasing the updates?

Have you tried resetting your phone and starting without a sim and find that it's still not updating. 

HMD's update system is a complete mess. They keep adding new phones rather than sorting the poor support system they have in place which with new phones will ony get worse. 

I got the update for Android 9, and so far its good no bugs

Timely updates was one of the main reasons for getting an android one phone so not overly happy.  Not so bothered that I haven't got pie but only having the august security update is poor. If my phone is sim free who is meant to do the updates?  My carrier or nokia?

What a crybaby.
Login to post a comment