We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Smart Lock issues

I have been having a problem with the Smart Lock system. I cannot get the app to open after I enter the pin code. It goes to a blank screen.

Searching the net gives me no solutions, all those suggestions assume that you can actually open the screen.

The service worked when I first got the phone so it could be an app or service I installed,

Any help appreciated

Hello, 

short question, did you try this as well? 

Go to Settings > Security & location > Trust agents; disable Smart Lock and restart your phone. After the restart enable Smart Lock again and your Smart Lock should be up running again.  

I can't test it on the Nokia 7.1 but for the Nokia 8 it works :) 

Hope it helps. 

Best regards, 

Laura 

Thank you! It seems to have worked.

I left the Apple ecosystem just about a year ago and haven't found all of the little ins and outs of Android yet.

Hello, I have the same problem. After a few days, smart lock will not work again. I have to disable smart lock then restart the phone and then I can enable smart lock again. That happens again and again is very annoying. Would be good if this remedy is created.
Do the disable, reboot, reenable as described above. I did it a week ago and have not had issues with BT smart Lock devices since.
Login to post a comment